I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great time, and the meal was dubbed “one of the best ever” (this may be said almost every year since we have basically the same menu every year). But everything went extremely smoothly, leaving Mom and me wondering if we’d forgotten to make things on Wednesday. If we forgot something no one else noticed or were too polite to point it out.
The rest of the weekend has been a lazy time to hang out with family, play some games, watch Hunger Games, and do a little bit of online shopping.
If you’re beginning to think about your holiday shopping list, don’t forget to check out my Kitchen Gift Guide. This year I was reminded of the hosting essentials that are nice to have, but are not necessarily used regularly. So this year’s gift round up focuses more on supplies for entertaining.
- Over and Back- What a Dish 4 Pc. Porcelain Serving Bowls – These are nice mid-size serving bowls. They were perfect for our large bowl of cranberry sauce, and other various things.
- Lipper International Large Wavy Bowl, Acacia – A lovely wooden bowl for salads or displaying fruit on the counter.
- Riedel Ouverture Magnum Wine Glass, Set of 8 – Classic wine glasses for all occasions and wines.
- Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre Glass Pitcher with Lid, 68 Ounce – Simple, clean lines that go with anything in practical large pitcher.
- Oggi Stainless Steel Ice Bucket with Tongs, 3 L – Show off your classy side with a ice bucket and tongs.
- Proteak Rectangular Cutting Board, 18″ x 14″ x 3/4″ with Corner Hole #517 – A beautiful cutting board is always a nice touch for a cheese plate.
- Glasslock 18-Piece Assorted Oven Safe Container Set – At the end of a great party you may need some sturdy containers for your leftovers.
- All-Clad T235 Stainless Steel Pie Server, Silver – An elegant, yet functional cake/pie server.
- Cambridge Silversmiths Opulence Mirror 8-Piece Hostess Set – If you hosted a large gathering for Thanksgiving, you probably know the importance of having lots of serving utensils. A generic set like this makes sure you always have an extra spoon on hand for the mashed potatoes.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Extra-Gentle Lotion for Hands & Body, 10.1 fl. oz. – This is perfect for after a big party, nothing worse than dishpan hands.
5 thoughts on “2015 Gift Guide for Entertaining”
Perfect timing! Love those wineglasses!
Thanks for your help in compiling the list!
I’ll send you a free gift in this comment: http://walnuts.org – great recipes!
Oh thanks, Sandra! Love walnuts!
I totally bought at least one item off this recommended list 🙂