These cookies were awesome. They’re buttery-delicious with a nice crunch from the toffee and pecans, and a chewy base from the oatmeal. Upon first bite, Mom declared them her new favorite cookie. They’re awesome, a little something different and super easy to whip up. I’d definitely recommend these!!
Makes about 3 dozen large cookies
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I think white whole wheat would be great in this and add a nice nuttiness)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3 cups toffee baking bits
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and mix into the wet ingredients. Add oats, pecans and toffee and mix until just combined.
Scoop large (3oz) portions onto prepared baking sheet, flatten slightly, and bake for 20-23 minutes, until golden and center is set.