I’m a fan of buffalo wings, but don’t have an opportunity to eat them often. So when we were invited to game night with some friends, it was the perfect opportunity to try out this buffalo chicken dip. This is a great dip for your non-vegetarian friends. It’s got that tangy hit of buffalo sauce but isn’t very spicy. I served this with a bunch of celery and some tortilla chips, which was fun and crunchy.
I shredded a whole rotisserie chicken for this, but you could cook your own chicken breasts if you want. I scaled the recipe up to use all the rotisserie chicken, but feel free to scale down if you don’t need as much. For convenience in serving, I made this in a small slow cooker so it could stay warm, but you can also make it on the stovetop if you prefer.
What’s your favorite party dip?
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Makes about 7 cups
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 5 cups shredded chicken)
- 6 oz reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cups Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch seasoning (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours, until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.