Fresh from the farm produce is amazing. On yet another fruit picking outing, Mom and I picked Honey Crisp apples, blackberries, and peaches. We also picked up a whole bunch of vegetables while were on the farm. This salad is a great way of showcasing your farm (or farmer’s market) fresh produce. The dressing is flavorful but not overpowering.
Adapted from Love and Lemons
- 4-5 fist sized potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups green beans, blanched, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 ears of corn, grilled and kernels cut off
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained (optional)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp agave or honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Drizzle chopped potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.
Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine roasted potatoes, blanched green beans, grilled corn kernels, basil and capers. Pour half of the dressing on the salad, taste and adjust seasoning and/or add more dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.