So with all the fun picking blackberries lately, we’ve had an abundance. What to do with lots of fruit? Make pie of course! This is the recipe I usually use for rhubarb pie. And obviously it’s easy as pie to make.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 pie crust (I like Pillsbury)
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 scant cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, or lime zest
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut in pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spread pie crust into 9″ pie dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Pour blackberries into prepared pie crust evenly. Pour custard mixture over top. Dot the top with pieces of butter.