So with all the fun picking blackberries lately, we’ve had an abundance. What to do with lots of fruit? Make pie of course! This is the recipe I usually use for rhubarb pie. And obviously it’s easy as pie to make.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 pie crust (I like Pillsbury)
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 scant cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, or lime zest
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut in pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spread pie crust into 9″ pie dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Pour blackberries into prepared pie crust evenly. Pour custard mixture over top. Dot the top with pieces of butter.
Cover the edges loosely with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool and serve with ice cream.