For Tuesday’s SCL dinner (in addition to the macaroons), we had a nicoise salad. I wanted to do something a little more elaborate since we had a simple ‘Fresh’ Pea Soup to go with it. I found this recipe in Taste of Home the April/May 2012 issue.
Veggie Nicoise Salad
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, boiled and halved
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 1 can white beans
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 can artichokes, marinated in Italian dressing and quartered
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
Boil potatoes and when still warm, pour a few tablespoons of the dressing over the potatoes. Blanche the asparagus and green beans. Arrange salad ingredients over the romaine and serve with dressing.